Short for Thermoplastic Polyolefin, TPO is fast growing as one of the most convenient roofing systems, especially for commercial settings and low-sloped or flat residential buildings.
It’s a single-ply roofing membrane meaning it is made of synthetic materials such as rubber, plastic, and other forms of synthetic matter.
The reason why most roofers go crazy on this type of roofing is that it has uncountable benefits, some of which are:
- It’s highly resistant to most environmental factors – such as ozone, UV rays, heat, smoke, harmful chemicals, and gases. It also doesn’t allow debris and dirt accumulation and inhibits bacteria and mold growth.
- It’s environmentally-friendly – the synthetic make of TPO roofing is non-damaging since it doesn’t release harmful toxins into the environment.
- It’s reflective – whether dark or white TPO, this roofing is designed to reflect light and heat, meaning it consumes less energy and you only require a minimum amount of energy to keep the interior of the building cool.
- It’s a cost-effective roofing option – surprisingly enough, TPO is cheaper than most polyvinyl roofing systems. So, if you’re looking to replace your roof and you’re on a budget, TPO roofing could be a good choice.
And the fact that it is installed in a single membrane application is a benefit on its own since it offers protection while keeping the roof strong, durable, and capable of repelling water.
Would you consider TPO roofing?
Hire A1 contracting Inc for All Your Roofing Services
We have experience working with different types of roofing styles and materials. Our specialty lies in:
- TPO roofing
- Flat roof membrane
- Designer presidential roofs
- Roof repairs
- Emergency roof repair and tarping
- And more
If you need any of these roofing services, feel free to give us a call, especially if you reside in Parker, CO, and the surrounding areas.